This afternoon, President Obama invited a group of bipartisan members to discuss key programs under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act. The President requested this meeting to hear from some of the programs’ most prominent critics and defenders.
Today’s meeting was constructive and the President committed that he and his team would continue to work closely with the Congress on these matters in the weeks and months ahead.
The following Members of Congress participated:
• Senator Dick Durbin, D-IL, Assistant Majority Leader
• Senator Dianne Feinstein, D-CA, Chair, Select Committee on Intelligence
• Senator Saxby Chambliss, R-GA, Ranking Member, Select Committee on Intelligence
• Senator Ron Wyden, D-OR
• Senator Mark Udall, D-CO
• Representative Mike Rogers, R-MI, Chairman, Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence
• Representative Dutch Ruppersberger, D-MD, Ranking Member, Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence
• Representative Jim Sensenbrenner, R-WI
• Representative Bob Goodlatte, R-VA, Chairman, Judiciary Committee